Eligibility Criteria for using CUHK's Sport Facilities
- CU Alumni must be CU Alumni Credit Card Holders and have CU Alumni ID (and their spouses and children at or under 18 years old)
- Retrieve or forgot CU Alumni ID, please click at : https://www.alumni.cuhk.net/AlumAcctMgmt/CS_ACCTMGN.aspx
- Eligible retirees with 10 years or more full-time continuous service employment certificate issued by Human Resources Office (and their spouses and children at or under 18 years old)
- Resident Staff member with Resident Smartcard
- The above-mentioned qualified users must comply with Preventive and Safety Measures for Using Sports Facilities. Details can be browsed here http://www.peu.cuhk.edu.hk/en-gb/facilities/covid-measure
Facilities available and charges
|Resident Staff Member||
Maximum No.of Users
University Sports Centre
|- Badminton Court (per court)||$61/hr||$31/hr||4|
|- Small Basketball Court (per court)||$95/hr||$74/hr||12|
|- Courts No.3 to 7 (per court)||$58/hr||$32/hr||4|
|- Courts No.1 to 6 (per court)||$58/45Mins||$32/45Mins||2|
Haddon Cave Sports Field
|- Mini-Soccer Pitch (per court)||$180/hr||$140/hr||20|
|- Running Track||$21||Free||-|
University Fitness Room
|(University Fitness Room only available for CU Fitness Room User Card holder, NOT applicable to spouse, child and guests)|
1. The above alumni and retirees can apply for a parking coupon from the counter(Except renting running track) if they have booked the facilities. (For each session/hour, they can apply for ONE parking coupon only).
2. Guest accompanied by eligible users is eligible to use sports facilities with guest tickets. (Guest ticket: HK$25 per session or per hour)
Opening hours of the above facilities
- 8am to 6pm on Sundays and public holidays (except statutory holidays) from May to August.
- 8am to 10pm on Sundays and public holidays (except statutory holidays) from September to April.
- Alumni / Eligible Retirees / Resident Staff Member may book the above sports facilities in the above time slots in advance. Advance booking for the running track is not required.
- Eligible Alumni and retirees can make bookings of sports facilities one week in advance by calling the P.E. Unit at 3943 6097 or 3943 6093 in the following time slots:
Tuesday To Friday
9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- If the booking is accepted, a booking number will be assigned.
After obtaining the booking number, the eligible users need to settle the payment at least three days before the booking session through the following methods,
- Fill in the Sports Facility Booking and Payment Authorization form (Download) and submit to the P.E. Unit by fax at 2603 5275 or by mail to PE Unit, University Sports Centre, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong or by email at email@example.com; or
- Pay by personal crossed cheque to "The Chinese University of Hong Kong". The Sports Facility Booking Form and the cheque should be submitted to the P.E. Unit at least three days before the booked session and mail to P.E. Unit, University Sports Centre, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong; or
- Cash or with Octopus system in person at sports centre counter.
- If the Sports Facility Booking Form fails to arrive the P.E. Unit three days before the booked session, the booking will be cancelled.
- After the Sports Facility Booking Form is duly submitted, alumni / eligible retirees / resident staff member should obtain a "User's Pass" from the counter of the University Sports Centre before the start of the booked session. They have to present their CU Alumni Credit Card (Alumni) or Retiree Sports Facility User card (Eligible Retirees) or Resident Smartcard to our staff and quote the booking number in order to obtain the "User's Pass" and use the booked facility.
On-the-spot Booking and Payment Method
- Alumni/ Eligible Retirees/ Resident Staff Member can make on-the-spot bookings of the available sports facilities and the running track, they need to present their CU Alumni Credit Card/ Retiree Sports Facility User Card/ Resident SmartCard to our staff at the counter of the University Sports Centre. They can then pay the charges in cash. A "User's Pass" will be issued to them.
Regulations Governing the Use of Sports Facilities
- Each user can book only one facility at the same time for not more than two consecutive sessions.
- Before using the facilities, the user must present his/her (1) CU Alumni Credit Card/ Retiree Sports Facility User Card / Resident SmartCard and (2) a valid "User's Pass" issued by the University Sports Centre to the staff of PE Unit.
- No refund is allowed after the "User's Pass" has been issued, including the payment from Credit Card, personal cheque and octopus system.
- In the event that the facilities are closed owing to bad weather, the "User's Pass" will still be valid and can be used within 30 days.
- Users of CUHK’s sports facilities should conform to the following sections of the "Regulations Governing the Use of Sports Facilities" issued by the University Sports Centre:
(2) Regulations Governing the Use of Different Sports Facilities.
For enquiries and booking, please call 3943 6093 / 3943 6097