Since September 2001, the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) has launched the “Sports Scholarship Scheme” to enable members of the Hong Kong National Squad, Junior Squad or the elite athletes in Hong Kong Secondary Sports Federation to study and be trained in the excellent environment of CUHK.
- To increase the chances for elite athletes to enter CUHK;
- To foster all-round education by helping athletes to balance their studies and sports;
- To strengthen the connections between the University and the colleges by jointly promoting the sports development in CUHK;and
- To improve the sports atmosphere on campus and to bolster the morale and team spirit of CUHK Sports Teams.
There are two types of Scholarship:
- The value of Sports Excellence Scholarship is HKD $50,000;
- The value of Sports Performance Scholarship is HKD $10,000 annually. The scholarship recipients will be assessed and the scholarship are renewable every year based on their academic and sports performance.
Conditions of Eligibility:
Applications must be a Hong Kong permanent resident and fulfil University General Qualifications for Admission.
- Current Hong Kong National Squad member; or
- Current Hong Kong Junior Squad member; or
- Former Hong Kong National Squad or Junior Squad member with outstanding performance; or
- Elite athletes in Hong Kong Secondary Sports Federation or studied overseas.
In addition to the admission procedures set by CUHK Admission Office, all applicants must fill in the online application form. Please upload copies of following supporting documents in the past THREE years.
1. Academic Qualifications/Results at Secondary School/Undergraduate Level or Professional Qualification(s) obtained
2. Proof of sports performance or certificate(s) of participation in sports competitions and events
3. Recommendation letter from the respective sports association
Physical Education Unit
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Tel: 3943-6092 Fax: 2603-5275
Mr. CHENG Yuk-chuen Joshua Tel: 3943-1732
Deadline for submission:
Advance Offer Deadline: 18 November 2020
Regular Deadline: 13 January 2021
4 January 2021